The front bumper is secured to the frame with two inner and two outer brackets and two angle brackets at the ends of the bumper. I media blasted these brackets and painted them with POR-15.
The bumpers were straightened and chromed. The over riders had some small dents. They were repaired and chromed as well. I painted the back side of the over riders with silver POR-15 rust treatment/paint. The overriders were mounted to the bumper with a special 3/8″- 16 round head bolt that fits through a rectangular opening in the over rider bracket and is secured with a spire nut. I used new fasteners. Each over rider had a rubber beading seal one each vertical side. These were glued to the over rider with 3M black trim adhesive and then the over rider was bolted to the bumper. 3M Adhesive Cleaner was used to remove excessive black adhesive from the seals.
Front and Rear Over Riders with POR15 Paint
I then assembled the front bumper mounting brackets to the bumper. All new bolts, and washers were used:
Rear Bumper and Mounts
I ordered two new brackets, for outer mounting of rear bumper with new fasteners and four rubber bumper mounts. These came with exposed unpainted metal so I primed and painted them to avoid rust in the future.
Rear Bumper Disc Brake Emblem
A round emblem is located in the center of the rear bumper signifying the four wheel disc brakes which was quite unusual at the time. I had the emblem rechromed and I painted the Triangle and the letters red as was original.
The Emblem is curved to fit the curvature of the rear bumper and is mounted with a flat and shake proof washer and nut:
Trial Fitting Rear Bumper
I cleaned the surfaces around the rear bumper mounts, painted the area with primer and installed the bumper mounts so that the bumper could be checked for fit and alignment. This would typically be done BEFORE chroming but circumstances prevented the normal process from occurring. All new bumper mounts and fasteners were used.